I was born political. I popped out of my mother's body with a Marxist polemic under my arm and blackspot sneakers on my feet. Not really.
In fact I was born to a strong and inspiring woman from East London and a maggot from Crewe and I spent most of my life, until I turned twenty one living in the green country of Wales. As a child my time -when not sat in front of a television screen with a joypad in my hand- was spent out in nature and the countryside is where my heart resides. Living in West London now I miss the haunting calls of owls at night, being able to actually see the stars and the smell of chimneys in the winter. At the same time I have yet to experience many gossipers in London and the city has that aura of anonymity about it to act as a safetynet, should you dare to be a political dissident or a part of a minority group.
I'm a human rights student, I am passionate about the environment and I don't see anything special about that. I have heard many people claim that human rights have gone too far, yet we all enjoy the freedoms that brave activists had fought for which exist today and especially the liberty to make such a statement. I enjoy human rights because it is so complex, so awkward and not at all straightforward. Unfortunately for me, I look for those qualities in my lovers too.
I don't consume animals and have little time for people to criticise that, as whilst I disagree with the meat and dairy industry for several reasons and question the morality of eating such products, I will only voice my opinion if prompted or asked. Life is too short to argue and bitch and whine about each other, isn't it?
I love music, I can listen to it for hours. I love introducing people to new artists. Music is like cookery... They're both composed of several ingredients and if you have the right ones, you have something shit hot to share with your friends! My collection is eclectic... Maybe I should make some recommendations here... Or maybe there's little point, nobody reads these things anyway. Oh well....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment