Sunday, 14 October 2007
Loose Lips
I love Kimya Dawson's music, it's so intimate, so sensitive. It's like all barriers have been broken down between the singer and her audience and that her vulnerability and her strengthare on show to be touched and moulder like putty so the audience can make shapes and pictures in their mind.
And Xavier Rudd... There's something macickal and almost androgynous about his music. Machismo makes no presence and instead what we have is a profound character who appears moved beyond what words can express by the goings on of our planet.
What I like about both of the above singers, I think is that they don't hide their humaness, or revel in ego or sing obsessively about being in love and the usual cliched crap which seems to be the norm in popular music.
If only there were more people like Xavier Rudd and Kimya Dawson... I may even consider investing in a radio.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment